First step is the bust darts. Tack with bright thread so you know where to sew to. Pin and sew.
Next the zip. Now I hate putting in zips, with a passion. I’m not very good at them no matter how hard I try. I’m looking down at this very fragile chiffon, seeing the edges fray away and thinking that I only have one shot at this. I can’t risk unpicking and ruining the fabric. My next fear was that I didn’t have a white zip, but I did have a reddish/orange zip that matched perfectly with the flecks of orange in the fabric.
I had an idea (which is often dangerous) to not have an invisible zip, but to add a pop of colour. So I did it and to my amazement it worked first time!
The sleeves where based on a twopiece sleeve block so they were lined up, pinned, and sewn together. The seams where then over locked and pressed.
When inserting them into the armholes, as per usual I find myself not being able to fit them properly, so I improvised. I added 4 small pleats to each shoulder. The results where very pleasing and I also like the fact it added a bit of shoulder, as I have none.