Wednesday 1 February 2017

Heather: January Sewing Roundup

January has been a busy month busting the winter blues at the sewing machine! The recent cold snap has motivated me to fill some gaps in my wardrobe, and I've also been trying to be a bit more adventurous with the patterns I choose, rather than just sticking with the same classic styles. 
 
Here are some of my favourite makes this month:

Winter Woollies
Made from some gorgeous sparkly crochet knit gifted by Mum at Christmas, I made this up into a matching hat, scarf and jumper, and even made a nude coloured jersey cami to go underneath. The pattern is a Burda jumper which is almost identical to the popular Linden sweatshirt that everyone seemed to be making over Christmas! 
 
 

Cosy Nightshirt
Over on the Dressmaking Blogger Network we've set a little "just for fun" challenge for January which was to make something cosy. 
 
I decided to make a cosy night shirt and you can read the full blog post here.
 

Cleo
The first of my "not my normal style" makes this month was my Tilly and the Buttons Cleo pinafore, which came about as a result of trying to find something to make with a piece of old corduroy. 
 
The keen eyed amongst you will see that this is not a corduroy dress, and you can read the full Cleo story here.

Nancy Dress
Nancy is the latest offering from Sew Over It and one that I really wouldn't have picked any other day of the week. Perhaps it was just the novelty of making something so totally different that appealed to me! 
 
Read all about Nancy here.

Sewing Scuba
My final make to share with you this month is a fab floral spring dress made from stretchy scuba from SewEssential. This was a bit of a tricky make and you can read all about how I tackled the challenge here.
 

Next month's challenge
Now is as good a time as any to let you know about the February Dressmaking Blogger Challenge which is...

"Sewn with Love"
 

We want to see your gifts for others, or something for yourself that's a real treat. 
Share your makes online using #dressmakingbloggerchallenge 

Happy Sewing everyone! See you next month. If you're getting withdrawal symptoms you can find me online at 




--
Links





No comments:

Post a Comment